Thursday, September 14, 2006

double-header

I feel like I am being physically rejected by italy; last night before I went to sleep I lathered my entire body in bug spray because every morning I wake up with 10 more mosquito bites than I had the before falling asleep. Well, this morning I woke up with a mosquito bite (dun dun dun) ON MY EYELID! Yes. I look disturbingly similar to Quasimoto. I filled up on Advil this morning and luckily the swelling went down a little bit… note to self: put bug spray on eyes tonite…?!?!?

Other than that, there’s nothing too exciting to report (for once)… it’s raining today and it’s sposed to be like this all weekend. Usually I really don’t like rain (it just puts me in a blue mood) but here it’s not so bad. Well, actually, I haven’t gone outside since it started raining and I’m thinking that might be why I’m okay with it…

I decided to skip my field trip to Carrara and Pietrasanta tomorrow because every time I tell a teacher/person who works here/person who’s been there that that’s where I’m going they look at me like I’m crazy. Carrara is where all the famous Italian sculptors got/get marble for their pieces – I’ve heard it’s incredible to see and WISH I could go but it doesn’t look like it’s going to work out… rough, hilly, terrain? Wet ground/rain? One leg? Um… I’ll have to wait til NEXT time I come to Italy.

One of the perks of NOT going on my trip tomorrow is the fact that I WON’T have to wake up at 6AM tomorrow (we’re sposed to leave SUF at 7:30AM). Everyone’s being kinda blah about going out tonight though because of the rain… I should probably feel the same way since it’s like a safety hazard for me to be crutching around on the wet pavement but oh well… we’ll see.

I talked to my dad on AIM today and I was nice because we haven’t really had a long conversation since I’ve been here! He said that he started taking a German class (!!!). Go dad! From what I can remember hearing, dad’s not the strongest “language person,” but I’m proud of him for trying!! Can’t wait til my mom and dad visit – I can’t believe that I have to wait a month and a half!

We only have school Monday-Thursday :) have a good weekend everyone!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dad in MB said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Dad in MB said...

Chow Mein and Mon Chella Louisa say that if you think misquitoes are bad you should try fleas. They really suck.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home