Wednesday, November 08, 2006

oh Pete.

November 7
For those that know me well, you know how much I HATE talking about politics and controversial issues… well, let me tell you that discussing politics IN Italian is 30429384 times worse. Today my teacher opened up class with, “Che pensate del’aborto?” (translation: “what do you all think about abortion”). I said, “Sono d’accordo con aborto,” and stopped talking for the rest of class.

Firstly, I didn’t want to keep talking because I KNOW that I am very immature about discussing matters like that; once my mind is made up about something there is a slim-to-none chance that I’m going to change it. I know. It’s bad. I’m working on being more open-minded. I promise. Secondly, discussing abortion is an extremely personal thing. I have super strong views about it (that for sure aren’t going to change) because of my situation of having diabetes. Seven out of eight of the girls in our class were SUPER uncomfortable during the entire talk (my foot was tapping out of control) while one girl had a billion irrelevant and totally controversial things to say about it.

The rest of the class was manageable. Alessandro actually TAUGHT us stuff today… what? It was a first.

Family and Gender was the same as usual: stupid. I hate my teacher.

Today was finally cold in Italy! It was a beautiful day and the sun was out but it was about 10 degrees colder than usual; FINALLY. I’ve been WAITING for it to get like this.

Lately, i feel myself still missing Pete a lot. I’m not too sure why though because things between us haven't really changed. For some reason though, I do. I actually felt really bad for posting my journal entries from my Fall Break because after re-reading them a bunch of times i realize now that I refer to him a lot in very negative ways… I even warned him about it. He's not a a bad guy. I think that he and i are just both still kinda hurt about how bad things were before i left and we're both very defensive of ourselves which then gets translated into me looking like i'm a total bitch to him and he's a big asshole to me. We talked for a long time last night (i cried for the first time in, liek, a month!) but i ended up feeling better about things in the end.


I listened to my "Boys Really Suck" playlist all night long; heh, whaaaat? it has goood songs on it!

Meeh, if it wasn’t for Oil Shoppe, a long work-out at the gym, and the fact that I’m IN Firenze, today was a tough day in Italy for Tera Linsley.

1 Comments:

Blogger Working Hard or Hardly Working said...

Oil shoppe........its become your favorite hasnt it...... dont lie. it made my days fabulous while in firenze. im glad you actually considered my suggestion. wow!

you've become quite the writter might i add. Good Form ms. linsley

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home