Sunday, October 15, 2006

Dropping Michelangelo (and so happy!)

Some good news: my foot is finally about 97% better, my cigarette burn is scabbing and pealing off, my cold is dying down, my hair is getting longer (YAY!), AND I survived Friday the 13th I have momentum moving in the direction I want it to be going – oh wait, whoops, just kidding. The second things start heading uphill a new crappy thing comes up that I have to deal with. This time it’s school related. without anything bad happening to me!

Our grade in the Michelangelo class is based on a 30 minute presentation and the final exam. My presentation is coming up in exactly 10 days sooo I put all day today aside to work on it. I show up at the SUF library right when it opens and head to the reserves to grab the book I need. Since I’m reporting on a kinda bizarre topic (the way Michelangelo and Beethoven play a similar roll in their respective arts) I expected the SUF library to only have one or two books on it… well. They had one. And it was missing. Liek, the librarian was like, “oooh… sorry… ummmm, we’re not sure where that one is… someone prolly took it a long time ago and we haven’t gotten it replaced.” Soooo here I am ready to work with today being the only day over the next 10 days where I can dedicate adequate time to this project and Syracuse fails me.

I did every single possible internet search I could think of and even registered for a few online libraries and have come up with nothing. NOTHING. I looked at local English-speaking book stores and it wasn’t listed anywhere… Then it occurred to me… I COULD just drop the class. I have NEVER dropped a class before because I’ve never had good enough reason to.

I feel like I have a FEW good reasons right now: 1) I’ve been complaining about how stupid this class is from day 1, 2) I haven’t learned anything, 3) if I can’t do a good report in 10 days and get a bad grade then I’m screwed cuz there’s no way to make up for it later in the semester, 4) I already got my money’s worth for the class from our trip to Rome over the weekend, 5) My teacher sucks, 6) I am waaay ahead in units at SCU anyways and it really wouldn’t make a difference whether I got the units for the class or not… in 5 minutes I just typed six reasons.

My mind is pretty much made up. I e-mailed my TA and will prolly be able to meet with her tomorrow about everything and unless she has a really great solution for my project coming up, I’m done with Michelangelo (what sigh of relief!!!).

So anyways, we’ve officially been here for 41 days… I feel like I need to take a minute to get organized. Here’s my to do list:

-Midterms: tests start next week…

-Italian Paper: Something about what I want to do after college (who knows at this point?!) and it’s due tomorrow…

-Interview an Italian: yea… what? I should figure out what exactly that project is all about…

-Start and finish an entire print since I’m behind by one project…

-Organize my only free weekend in November soon before ticket prices go way up; it’s between Germany and Czech Republic…

-Wednesday some guys Marilena knows are visiting from Spain and I promised I’d go out dancing with her…

So that leaves today, tomorrow, and Tuesday evening to get everything done – HAHA. Thursday night we leave for Dublin; I guess it’s a good thing I work well under pressure?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home