Wednesday, October 11, 2006

movies and their "Intervallo"

I know I say the same thing every week but I need to say it again: Tuesdays are painful. First there was Italian. Boring and easy and stupid as usual. I seriously don’t think i’ve learned one thing in that class that I didn’t already know before I got to this country. It’s going to be painful to get back to SCU and have to start up the NEXT level of Italian (22); actually I doubt that they’ll even let me take it; Italian 3 SHOULD transfer as Italian 21 but seriously… we’re still going over things that we learned in SCU’s Italian 1 class. Stressing a little bit because for my international business minor I have to get up to Italian 101 and certain classes are only offered certain quarters and… yea. Crap. I’ll deal with that later…

Then there was Family and Gender (which I absolutely hate and am only there because I have to be since it transfers to SCU as my stupid gender studies requirement). Not once have I raised my hand to say something in that class because I seriously could care less. PLUS it doesn’t really help that the first week of school we had to answer questions about a reading assignment (which I SWEAR I actually read) and she picked up my paper and read my answers and proceeded to tell the class all the reasons why everything I wrote was completely wrong and how I completely missed the point of the reading assignment. Ouch. That was a little discouraging, to say the least, and since then, I guess I just don’t really have an opinion or observation to make about anything that we talk about… I’m literally there to learn the material and hear what other people have to say.

Well, lately the SAME people have been raising their hands to speak and she’s been drilling us with the “I… want… new… voices… (va bene… va bene… va bene…)” and even though I never make eye-contact with her I feel those words being spit directly at MY head. I’ve been a bitchy student and totally ignore her request for me to speak (I am bitter and embarrassed that she told the whole class that my answers were completely wrong), but today rather than the ambiguous “new voices” comment she flat out was liek, “Tera. Let’s start with what you have to say.” FUCK. What was the question? My answer was total bullshit and I’m glad all the other chicks in my class that have opinions about everything ended up taking over the discussion but still… it was humiliating. I hate SUF.

THEN there was Michelangelo. After two in-class presentations about two of Mike’s pieces (which were so boring that I took mental notes on ways NOT to present when it’s my turn to do my presentation), we trekked out as a class to the Accademia to hear a presentation on Mike’s David.

The whole, stand-in-front-of-the-REAL-David-and-hear-a-presentation-about-it is a really cool concept BUT when you’re actually there, and have to wait in line for 20 minutes (with a really heavy backpack), then have to stand with a million people to look at it (with a really heavy backpack), then listen to a girl READ her paper on it for 30 minutes over an earpiece that had service that kept going in and out (with a really heavy backpack), then listen to you’re teacher repeat the girls entire presentation for 30 minutes after she’s done (with a really heavy backpack)… yea, it was hardly as romantic and I imagined it to be. PLUS, the David is something I remember very clearly from the last time I was in Italy years ago and well, it hasn’t changed, um, at all sooo it really wasn’t that exciting to see again. I was a little disappointed.

Now I’m at home and we’re working on figuring plans out for our semester break coming up at the end of this month AND our plans for going out tonite. I still feel a little sick but seriously, there is no time to be sick in this country. I still want to do anything and everything!!! I’ll nap and get better later… haha.

And later on…

Tonight Rachel and I shared a cab downtown and met up with Natalie, Laura, and Ben and we all went to the movies!!! We saw SCOOP – em, I thought Scarlet Johannson was really annoying (but that Hugh Jackman was really beautiful and I want to marry him) and am not sure if I really liked the movie… i’ll prolly never watch it again. It was cool going to the “cinema” though. The film was in English (woo!) and was shown in a HUGE theatre… we sat on the second story (not because it was too crowded on the first story but hey, how often do you get to sit on the second story?!)!!! Some girl fell down the stairs; I’m so mean, I totally laughed.

I missed Marilena! Tonight was the first night that I went out without my roomie; she had a paper to write for tomorrow morning and was a good student and decided to actually FINISH it. I was so proud of her! Hahaha. Big day tomorrow. Tons of things to do – Ah! Buona notte!

1 Comments:

Blogger tera a firenze said...

hehe... in class most of the time i AM hungover!!!

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home