Monday, September 25, 2006

mellow rainy day

I woke up exhausted this morning but it felt good to wake up in my own bed! Italian Class was cancelled today so I wasn’t due at school til 1:00 for printmaking. Today our printmaking class hopped on a bus and went on a little field trip to a hardcore printmaking school in Firenze. It was called “Il Bisonte.”

My printmaking teacher is an incredibly interesting person. His name is Swietlan Kraczyna. “Il Bisonte,” is one of the most prestigious printmaking schools in the world and people from all over go to it to study… and Kraczyna is one of the founders of the school! In the studio there is a framed picture of him on the wall! He pointed at a framed print next to it and was like, “oh this is a copy of one of my prints that’s hanging in the Uffizi…” WHAT?! It was very impressive, to say the least.

After our tour I hopped on the bus with friends from my class and headed back to school. It’s funny cuz on the bus there were some local kids playing music, only it wasn’t Italian music… they were listening to liek, Linkin Park, Shakira, Chiara…??? Hm. To be honest I’m really sad that they listen to so much American music around here; literally that’s all that I hear everywhere. If you have good Italian pop music, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send it my way! THANKS!

It’s raining today and I like it. It feels very peaceful. This evening I’m staying in and catching up on homework since I didn’t do ANY this whole weekend… :D ciao!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dad in MB said...

Mamma mia, what a weekend.

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home