Thursday, October 19, 2006

Tera is outa the country. Again.

Well, we’re alive. Sorta. My head hurts. Today was mellow. In Italian we watched “Casomai.” Em. That movie pretty much made me decide that I never want to get married and I never want to have kids. HAHAHA. Watch this movie and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

Later, after the best pesto and turkey sandwich on my life, I had printmaking and today we worked with acid! We had to etch our image into our metal plate that we prepared on Monday (which was hard) then we had to put the plate into acid so that the metal that was exposed um, hm, I’m not actually sure WHAT the acid did but it had to do with making lines on the metal that will eventually hold the ink for the print… It was a long process because we’d put it in to soak then have to sit around and wait for 20 minutes… then re-paint the metal and sit and let the paint dry… etc. etc. I entertained myself and my class by drawing cartoons of everyone. I made a class portrait and it’s not taped up on the wall… hehe.

After our usual 3-hour-siesta-the-day-after-we-drink-because-we-slept-for-3-hours-the-night-before Marilena and I started working on new plans for the evening. One of her buddies from home/SCU is studying in Barcelona and (surprise surprise) he’s here sooooo of course it was our job to take him and his friends out and show them what a good time Firenze is.

Before going out I ditched Marilena and the fam and went out to dinner with Dan. It’s crazy because eating out is something I’ve done very little of since I’ve been here. I think it’s mostly cuz of my foot… walking around at night time used to be really complicated and difficult – god it’s good to NOT be hurt anymore! The first restaurant we were going to go to seemed really cool (minus the skinned animals hanging in the window) but the guy that worked there took a look at us and was like ehhhh… sorry Americans, there’s no room for you. Meeh, whatever. Dinner was fun. Food was good. We ordered waay too much wine though and since I was still hurting and feverish from the night before I made Dan drink pretty much all of it. I’m such a good friend, ha. Thanks for everything Dan!!!

After dinner, while we were trying to figure out plans for the rest of the night, we went back to his apartment and all I have to say is that I looooovvveeee my freaking host family. He lives with the oldest people ever. Hahaha, they were nice but seriously really old. Dan’s Belgium movie was awesome, I was very impressed and after being serenaded by him and his roommate Marilena headed over and the three of us headed out for the evening to meet up with Marilena’s (already retardedly drunk) friends.

It was freezing last night. On our way to the other side of the Arno we made a stop at the Duomo where, of course, there was a little posse of about 20 SCUers hanging out on the steps. We decided the Arno was waaaay too far away and headed with everyone to Full Up. Ew. No one go to Full Up ever. Firstly, since it was 12:15ish we all got in for free (cover charge starts at 12:30). Ok… we were the ONLY people there. AND the place smelled like a bathroom AND they were spraying air freshener in the air and I could taste it… We looked around for about 5 minutes then Marilena, Dan, and I peaced out. Sad, I had heard about Full Up before coming to Firenze and I thought it was going to be pretty cool… meeh, oh well.

After witnessing a very happy reunion between Marilena and Dave (which was actually really cute and I wish I woulda taken pictures or something… haha) we went and met Amelia (who tore a huge hole in her jeans that exposed inner thigh/crotch!!! It was hilarious) at Astor. Minus the fact that 90% of the people at this club were guys, literally, this place was pretty cool. The four of us just sorta chilled and sipped drinks and played with the cars that Marilena and I got as presents in our Kindereggs that day. Somehow they got set on fire though… hmmm…

We ended up getting home around 2:30ish… no run ins with creepy brown men which was nice. We were happy to get a text this morning from Dave saying he was alive because for a while Marilena was freaking out and we were convinced that he slept under a car last night. What a ruckus.

This morning I packed, showered, and did my Italian homework in about 20 minutes and am ready to head out to Dublin for the weekend! I’m so excited! I’ve wanted to go to Ireland for a while now… more adventures to come in a few days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home