Monday, November 13, 2006

JESSE!

November 9
Yesterday was pretty uneventful and I was even putting off writing this with hopes that something cool might happen… haha.

After a typical day at school (where I was semi-entertained in Italian class and later visually accosted by my Family and Gender teacher) and a hard work-out at the gym (where I watched a mosquito fly around, thought little of it, and later realized he left his mark on me in several places…ugh) I spent the afternoon with my roomie, napping and writing a “Things I’m Starting to Miss Daily At Home” list (which will be posted on soon).

Wow, I summed up yesterday-day I one sentence.

At dinner, Kike spent the entire hour trying to get Marilena and me to discuss the election. Ok, notgonnalie but I have very little interest in politics. I know anyone I say that to (especially anyone in college) would look at me with total disgust as if I don’t belong on this planet, but honestly it’s just not my thing. I feel like politics is one of those things where, unless you’re SUPER passionate about it, which I’m not, and unless you’re paying attention to it and reading current events EVERYDAY (since things and people are changing all the freaking time), which I don’t, you should prolly just kept your mouth shut. I mean, i do what I have the right to… I read about stuff going on the day before the election, vote, and then just um, well, move on with my life. It helps that Marilena’s the same way… she and I were both able to steer Kike AWAY from the politics topic the 80 times that he brought it up.

The rest of the night began with a BIG bottle of wine – Ah! We’ve advanced onto the big-mama-bottles! Well, not really… we didn’t really even get close to finishing it but it WAS pretty cool to buy those ones at the grocery store this afternoon (especially since they costed 2.69 euro).

After meeting up with Dan, the three of us walked down to the Duomo to meet up with the rest of the crew. I called Laura about a billion times because I haven’t seen her in forever and have been having withdrawals! I love her… I vaguely remember something about a Scottish boy being the reason why she met up with us late…?? Heh. We also saw Amelia and her roommate Becca at the Duomo (it seriously is the gathering spot…) but they headed to Santa Croce cuz it’s where all the bars that the locals go to. Let’s see, what else… oh yea, there were a bunch of visiting people this weekend. Some guy Paul? He was convinced that he saw us when we were in Spain and that I was the girl he was harassing one night… I don’t think I’ve ever met this guy before but he was convinced that I was that girl! People are crazy sometimes.

The best part of the night? After talking on the phone with a total stranger I met up with JESSE!!!!!! Omigod. It was so so so great to see him. I didn’t really realize how much I missed people from home until I hung out with him! I haven’t seen Jesse since June. Um, that’s five months ago and I love it because he is still the same fun guy I remember. It was a nice taste of the old SCU I remember, that’s for sure. We went with a group to Zona (a bar I’d never been to). Unfortunately we only got to hang out for a little bit because my friends had an early trip to Rome the next morning and wanted to call it an early night (even though an hour and a half passed in between the time we decided to go home and the time when we actually GOT home).

Turned out to be a fun day afterall. Tomorrow… MOM AND DAD COME! YAY!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home