Monday, November 13, 2006

Parents, meet the parents

November 12
Pete called me this morning; my ringing cell phone woke me up at 8:00… I was still sleeping. AND we didn’t even get to talk because my service in Asciano kept going in and out… booo. Oh well. It’s the thought that counts.

Today we planned on skipping the whole tour thing and heading straight back to my home in Firenze. I think that I’m starting to feel a little burnt out of doing the tourist stuff actually. It’s weird. Marilena, who was in Rome this weekend with her art history class, said kinda the same thing.

Our drive back was pretty uneventful. Just me, and mom, and dad, on the toll road listening to Fleetwood Mac… hahahaha. Seriously though this station played a hundred Fleetwood Mac songs in a row. I’m impressed at dad’s navigational abilities. We only got lost towards the end when we were trying to find their hotel and EVERY single street we wanted to go down turned out to be one-way going the wrong way. Oh, AND we also had a fun little experience getting gas… none of us had a clue what to do! Thankfully some other tourists pulled into the station while we were there and the guy had gotten gas before so he helped dad.

After dropping off mom and dad’s luggage at their hotel (which is right on the Arno!) we returned out little Fiat and walked to my apartment. I warned them that it was no short walk… it took us probably about 40 minutes to get there, but it was a beautiful day and I didn’t think that they really minded.

At our apartment, mom and dad met Kike and Susana. I think they hit it off pretty well. I love my little host parents!

For the rest of the evening I did Italian homework on and off (it was kinda hard and every time it got too hard i’d stop and go back to it later) and chatted with Marilena about everything and anything; whaaat, we had a lot to say!! She and I were apart all weekend! I also ended up being able to talk to Pete for a while. Heh, actually iiii gave him a little 7:45AM, Sunday morning, wake-up-call. He was nice to me about it though and we actually talked for kinda a while.

Before going to sleep tonight I felt really sick because I ate about 20 mini-heart-shaped-scones for dinner AND drank a whole cup of coffee… haha, we had a dad style dinner: breakfast! We STILL don’t have hot water in our house either… I guess tomorrow I’m wearing a hat to school...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home