Wednesday, October 25, 2006

lots of stuff going on

I hate when this happens but I’ve come down with my usual stressed out “elephant elbows.” This always happens… When I’m stressed out I don’t break out, I don’t crave chocolate, I don’t sleep… I get this crazy thing where my elbows start peeling. It’s actually really disgusting. I’m not even sure what I’m stressing out about. Maybe cuz of my midterms tomorrow (that shouldn’t be THAT bad but might impede on my goodnight’s sleep tonite); maybe cuz of my 10-day trip through Europe coming up in two days that I haven’t washed my clothes or even thought about packing for yet; maybe cuz I still don’t have a Halloween costume; maybe cuz my parents are coming in about two weeks; maybe cuz I miss home… ??? I have no clue but I hope it goes away soon!!!

Last night a few of us got together to celebrate Laura’s birthday at Angels. Nothing big, but it was fun. We were actually the only people in the whole bar -

Today I had my esame orale for Italian. I was nervous (as I always am for tests) but thought it went really well. We had to meet with Alessandro for 10 minutes with a picture to talk about. I chose a picture of my mom, Alexa, Marina, Lulu, and me that’s up on my bulletin board; I figured that’d be a good choice because I could go on and on talking about my family! We have our written exam tomorrow and I made a huge review packet of all the grammar last night; I really don’t think it’s going to be that bad. I think that I know WAY more Italian than I thought I did. Cool!

I started figuring out my classes today for Winter quarter at SCU. I think I’m going to overload on units; because I decided to minor in business I’m a little bit behind. It’s totally manageable though, I’m not worried. Plus I got a really early appointment time and should have no prob getting all my classes. Ugh, back to SCU so soon??? It’s not a happy thought!

Today in printmaking we had a little critique since we don’t have a midterm. My plate is coming along really well… until today when I made a careless mistake when I put it in the acid. I think my teacher was happy I messed up though; it’s one of those situations where he was WAITING for someone in the class to do it so that he can show us the process how to fix it. Meeh. Atleast it can be fixed…

The weather in Italy right now SUCKS. For the past few days it’s been in the high 70’s and rainy. Yup, ew. Mosquitoes are BACK; i’m covered in freaking bites! Can it just be cold already?!?

My blog is 74 pages long in Word. That is by far THE longest piece of writing I’ve ever done/ever will do in my life I think. AND we’re only half way done (we’re on day 51 of 110)! Thanks friends and family that have left me comments. It feels good to think that people care enough to read about my adventures (even though most of the time it’s just me rambling on and on about random things!).

My to-do list today consists of packing for Spain and Hungary, studying for my Family/Gender and my Italian midterms tomorrow, going to the ATM (since yesterday I got too scared to go because a bunch of gypsies were flocking around the area where the bank was and I didn’t want to get robbed!), finishing my Dublin blog, buying a huge pack of Saltines from the grocery store (since I plan on not eating in Spain cuz I heard the food is gnarly), going to the gym… mmm… mellow day. I like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home