Monday, November 27, 2006

grey skies in Italy

November 27
Because of a three hour nap yesterday afternoon (after working so hard at the gym that I made myself feel sick – ah!) I had a really hard time falling asleep last night. I feel like I always have a lot of things on my mind these days and before I go to sleep is always difficult because that’s the time of day when I have unlimited time to do nothing but think and stress and feel happy and get lonely about everything.

I started Running With Scissors. It is freaking classic. I was laughing out loud the entire time I was reading. I think Marilena might think I’m crazy.

Pete called me before I fell asleep also. He was leaving to drive back up to SCU – ugh, I hate the San Diego to SCU drive… it’s looooong. Oh well, it was good to hear his voice.

This morning I got a 6:30AM wake up call from him. I was in phase-four of sleeping and was ready to cuss him out for waking me up but when I realized why he was calling I stopped myself. His car had broken down on the grapevine and he had just been towed and now was staying in a motel overnight until tomorrow to get his car fixed. Maaaaaan. He sounded reasonably calm; I would have been a total hurricane of anger/panic/fear if it was him.


It’s hard being thousands of miles away because I wanted to help but I didn’t know what to tell him to make him feel better (I hate when that happens). I was kinda worried about him (um… the grapevine/5 is a sketchy place full of truckers). I called my dad after we hung up and passed the problem onto him. I love my dad. I hope that wasn’t weird of me to ask him to check up on Pete… oh well, there’s not really anything else I could do.

We talked again while i was at school; three calls in one day? a for sure sign of lonliness. poor guy. :(

It’s cold and foggy in Italy today. Hopefully it’s one of those days that starts out grey but ends up clear.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi T. I| talked to Pete last night and all is ok. I told him to stay in contact with me so I know everthing is working out. He was in good spirits. Last night Mom and I went to the Disney Center to hear organ music. We sat in the second row. It was fantastic . . . except the organist . . . a woman . . . was an RLG and wore a too tight outfit with her RLG back and shoulders showing (about 10 feet away from us)and every time she attacked the organ . . . and I mean she attacked that thing some times . . . her back shook which kind of grossed me out. But she could really play well.
Love you . . . Dad in MB

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home