Tuesday, November 21, 2006

To: my future husband

November 19
Since I wasn’t able to fall asleep until around 3AM (and was awoken several times throughout the evening to POURING RAIN; yes it was raining so hard that I was woken up!) I had a little trouble waking up the next morning. I slept in til 9:45 (which is crazy for me). We dragged ourselves down to breakfast in full pajamas cuz we thought it was going to close then pulled ourselves back upstairs to pack everything up to go. We were taking another night train back to Firenze and had until 6:00PM that evening to do whatever we felt like.

Originally the plan was to go to Versailles but since it was raining sooo hard overnight and still sorta drizzling outside that morning we decided against it.

The first thing we decided to check out was the Moulin Rouge. Unfortunately, tickets to a show and dinner were almost up to 100 euro sooo we weren’t able to actually go to it but we saw the outside with its big red windmill. It was really cool actually. This is another place where my future husband and I will be going on a date to. (Future husband, if you happen to be reading this, you’d better be taking good notes!)

Afterwards we didn’t really have anything to do so we roamed around and did a little souvenir shopping. We almost saw a movie (most of the ones playing were in English with French subtitles) BUT none of the times worked out with our schedule.

For lunch we had fondue. Okay. I could live off of crepes and fondue for the rest of my life. It was DELICIOUS! The three of us agree that French food (minus the frog legs and snails and stuff…) is awesome – got that future husband? If a boy ever wants to impress me/have me as their instant best friend all he has to do is take me to get fondue or nutella and banana crepes. Hahahahaha.

After our fabulous lunch we sat at our favorite crepe café and watched all the people go by. Eventually it got really cold and started to drizzle so we headed back to our hotel and hung out in the lobby until it was time to go.

Soon SUF students started to pour in… Mar, Rach, and I agree that some of the girls that came in were THE most obnoxious girls we have ever heard. Here are clips of the convo that they were REALLY LOUDLY shouting about: “I WAS SO DRUNK LAST NIGHT THAT I’M SURPRISED I DIDN’T GET RAPED.” “I WAS TOO BUSY SUCKING FACE WITH A RANDOM GUY,” as said by a disgusting girl. “I MET A GUY FROM AFRICA; HE PROLLY HAD AIDS.” No joke. We were sitting there like, you guys are the reason why Americans are laughed at/hated by EVERYONE in the world. Ew, god, I mean, c’mon. Later on when we were talking about the huge scene we saw and heard about in the lobby our friend pretty much summed all of them up: they have no standards.

Friends, if I’m ever like that, EVER, please please please just slap me in the face. Thank you.

We were hearded to the train station around 6ish and our little crew lucked out and got our own room to the 4 of us again. It was weird to get on a sleeper train that left at 7PM cuz we were really sure what to do. We were going to have to wake up the next morning around 6ish sooo we knew we should prolly go to sleep kinda early BUT what were we sposed to do until then?

I bought a bottle of wine a little while before getting on the train, drank it, and contently spaced out until it was time to go to sleep. Unfortunately again, I couldn’t ever fall asleep. I was thinking too much again… I actually got up around 1ish (after laying there for 4 hours and not being able to relax) and wrote down all the things on my mind:

-how badly I have to go to the bathroom but don’t want to because a) I’d have to climb down from my top bunk and b) the power was out for most of the train ride and it was PITCH BLACK… when you’re scared of the dark, that’s kinda crazy. I kept thinking a robber or a killer was in our car the whole time.
-how much going to class tomorrow is going to suck since tonight seemed like it was going to be another “no sleeper” night.
-how to lose all the nutella’s worth of weight I’d gained over the weekend.
-a text message I’d received that day.
-what kind of bed to get once I get back to school… I’m thinking a small one wouldn’t be that bad.
-getting stoned in Amsterdam.
-Pete
-What to get people for Christmas
-what to write in my family Christmas letter about myself.
-taking 5 classes next quarter
-going to Mammoth for new years and how i’m not sure if I REALLY want to drive all the way there…
-how much I hate flying.
-how much I love my i-pod (and its ghetto-ness) and how much I love my “Boys Really Suck” mix.
-what to make my new website (I’m making for my art) look like.
-turning 21.
-what image to use for my next printmaking project
-my sore throat.

That’s about it for today. Man I loved Paris.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home