Thursday, November 16, 2006

leaving for Paris today

Some random but exciting things that have happened over the past 24 hours:

-on our walk to the Duomo last night Marilena and I saw graffiti-in-action in our favorite tunnel! I’ve noticed that over the weekends (when we’re gone) the graffiti changes and always wondered who was allowed to make new stuff. The guy we saw doing it last night was in the process of covering someone else’s art with a white wash before he started his own. On our walk back home at 2AM we saw the finished product… it was really bizarre but really pretty.

-at Angel’s last night Marilena and I told the bartender to make us “whatever he felt like.” Other than at Angels I would never say that to anyone… ever. The final products were two blended, fruity, drinks with cantaloupe and apples and strawberries decorating the glass! They were both delicious.

-On our way to our next destination I was told to “va fan culo” AND spit at by two Italians that thought I pushed them off the curb… um, I def didn’t. It was a very disturbing moment of my night (how many times have YOU been spit at by Italians?!?) and I stressed about it until the next day!!!

-we went to a jazz bar last night for the first time. It was pretty cool, I guess. Just kinda mellow. I had a long discussion with Navid and had to make sure at school this morning that he was still my friend… hahaha, he is so I’m happy.

-today in printmaking, Kraczyna was wearing the most hideous sweater-vest I have ever seen. Me and Jackie laughed about it for a good half hour.

-when I signed onto Facebook this morning I had TWENTY-EIGHT pokes from people! Hahahaha, in my boredom yesterday I literally poked a bajillion people and it was nice to get a poke back from them. Oh the little things in life…

-I got my first A- on an Italian paper today. Ugh; ALESSANDRO, WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME?! This paper was no better or worse than ALL the others I’ve written yet for some reason he decided to finally give me an A-.

-I STILL haven’t seen Caitlin Sullivan. Last night we spent a good 10 minutes of the night on the phone with each other trying to meet up; it just didn’t happen. Boooo…

-Manuel cooked Marilena and me dinner tonight. He was all nervous that we didn’t like what he made, but I was actually very impressed. I’m going to miss having dinner cooked for me every night when I get back home (especially since I don’t know how to cook)…

-I met Laura’s Scottish lover… and LOVE him. They should for sure get married! I wanna live with Laur and Natalie senior year… I love them; that would be awesome…

-tonight I danced with a random guy at Mericana for, liek, an hour. It was awesome until he put his tongue down my throat. I wanted to die. EW! I ran away in fear seconds later to find my friends… seriously though dude… ew. Why can't people just dance with each other and call it a day?! I love Mar, Nat, and Laur. Thanks for saving me guys.


-we leave for Paris this evening... 13 hour train ride. HA. sleeping pills anyone? I haven't packed yet... it's okay tho cuz neither has my roomie. Detailed updates about our trip on Monday; yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home