Monday, November 20, 2006

getting ready for France...

November 16
Even though I briefly mentioned a detail or two from last night, I feel like I need to give the evening a little bit more credit because it turned out to be so much freakin fun. When Ben called around 9 to see what Marilena and I were up to, we were both in our beds playing Solitaire and not really in the mood to head out. However, he sounded pretty convincing about it being a fun night soooo we got dressed, drank a bottle of wine, and headed towards the Duomo to meet up with our crew.

First we had a few drinks at JJ’s then decided to head to a club that Ben somehow knew the manager of… ? It was called Mericana and cool-wise it was up there on the same level as the club that we went to in Belgium. For the first 30ish minutes we were at Mericana we watched a break dancing contest that was going on down on the dance floor. Okay, even though the guys dancing were all really weird, they were DAMN good. I was, liek, mesmerized. The second the floor turned back into a dance floor we sprinted out to dance because we were all so inspired by the break dancers!

Dancing was fun as always (even though the boy I was dancing with turned out to be really disgusting… ugh, I shuddered just thinking about him). Around 2 we called it a night. Ben was awesome. He walked Marilena and I home even though I don’t think he lives anywhere near us. On my way home I managed to get my shoes REALLY wet… NO CLUE how that happened. AND I tried to call my little brother but he didn’t answer. Then I called Stephanie but she didn’t answer. I was hoping that the first two people WOULD answer so that I wouldn’t be tempted to call person #3; unfortunately they didn’t soooo I called Pete. My favorite part of the call was when I got to talk to Karri!!! Aww, I miss her lots.

This morning… Well. This morning Marilena and I both woke up feeling like death (Marilena said that this morning she looked over and I was laying in Jesus-on-the-cross position… hahaha, AND she said I was snoring really loud all night long; actually, I remember that because I woke myself up a few times!!). Maybe it was the long island we had to chug in a minute around 2 right before we left the club to walk home… yea; that might’ve been it. We were both still drunk during Italian class for sure. Thankfully today was movie day and we got to vegge out for two hours.

Later in Fam and Gender we got to space out again because it was movie day in that class as well. After class we went to the gym. Ugh. It was disgusting. My sweat smelled like booze. AND this morning I wore my hair wavy and put tons of hairspray in it to hold the waves… the hairspray smell was making me nauseous. After 15 minutes on the bike and 50 sit-ups I was done for the day. Hahaha, hey at least I WENT to the gym!

Right now Marilena and I are in the process of packing for our weekend trip to Paris!!! We’re actually going with Syracuse; it’ll be cool because we’ll have lots of friends on the trip, woooo! We’re taking a sleeper train… god, not again. I’m bringing a fatty pack of Nyquil this time!!! Yay; sooo excited for France!

Um… it’s freezing in here; when we came back into our room after the gym we almost died because I WREAKED of red wine… we both thought we were going to be sick sooo we have the door AND the window open in attempt to air it out. Ugh; I hope no one plans on partying on the train because I’m just not in the mood tonite!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home