Thursday, November 23, 2006

missing home on the holidays

Nov 22 AND 23
I feel sorta blue right now. It’s the first time I’ve felt like this since I’ve been here… I tried to snap out of it by decorating my bulletin board with new pictures and letters people have sent me recently; I helped but didn’t take the feeling away. Today was just a regular day sooo I’m not too sure what actually triggered the blueness. I think it has to do with something a friend and I talked about on AIM this morning; I dunno.

This morning our Italian teacher was nice and took our class out for coffee – having class in a bar instead of the classroom made it much less painful and more enjoyable, that’s for sure. Later in printmaking my friend Jackie had a brilliant idea to make dry-points of hand-print-turkeys. It was really fun… my turkey/handprint had a mohawk, a pierced gobble, sunglasses, bling, and an arrow through its heart. Hahahahahaha. Afterwards I started working on my next zinc plate… um, the image looks a little bit scary right now BUT it’s getting there… I’m not giving up until it’s perfect.

I’m glad I had those things to distract me from feeling depressed. I went straight to the gym afterwards hoping to get some endorphins flowing… it helped a little I spose. I really wanted to call Steph to chat about anything and everything BUT my poor little friend got her wisdom teeth out on Monday and I’m pretty sure that making her talk to me on the phone would be a form of torture. So then I called Pete; he does a really good job of cheering me up when I’m down – I called him a million times and couldn’t get a hold of him once. Boo. So then I called my mama. They were up in San Francisco at Ree and Kev’s for Thanksgiving dinner.

I love my mama; by the end of the conversation I was smiling and laughing again. It felt good to talk to her. I think that I’m starting to feel homesick. This time of year is one of my favorite times at home because it means Christmas shopping, family, friends coming home, snowboarding, a long winter break, Pete’s birthday, the advent calendar… and I’m missing all of it! It’s hard to be happy when you feel like you’re missing so much.

However, Italy is still fabulous. It’s starting to get Christmassy around here too. Stores are all decorated, Christmas lights are going up, it’s freezing cold… Tonight Susana says that she’s making us “Thanksgiving dinner” (this should be interesting) then tomorrow we’re keeping up with American tradition by going shopping since the day after Thanksgiving is THE biggest shopping day of the year.

But anyways, it’s the next day now (Nov 23; HAPPY THANKSGIVING)… I’m feeling a little happier today BUT if anyone happens to be bored and have nothing to do give me a call. I’d appreciate some love. CIAO CIAO!

PS. Pete please call me. = /

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi T, We all missed you in San Francisco. Rina and Kevin cooked up quite a feast. Lulu was adorable, you're not going to believe how grown up she is now. She barfed on me today at Fisherman's Wharf because I let her eat a Starbucks cup sleave and she ate a chunk out of it. I had to dig it out of her mouth and she gagged and spewed everywhere. I smelled like baby barf on the plane.
Yes, you win the Christmas letter prize. Watch for it to come in the mail (did you hear that, everyone else... maybe there's a 2nd place prize).
Miss you and love you and can't wait until you come home. Enjoy every minute of Firenze (we sure did). Happy shopping! Love, Mom (I forgot my username and I'm too tired to look it up)

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi T. Love you. Miss you. Hope you have fun with your Christmas shopping. Let me know if you need anything ($ $ $). Love You, Dad

11:18 PM  
Blogger Dad in MB said...

Hi T. I don't know if I did this twice. But, miss you. Have fun shopping. Let me know if you need anything ($ $ $). Love, Dad

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home