Sunday, November 26, 2006

"thanksgiving dinner"

November 23

Man oh man… I cried today. A bunch of times. That’s all I’m going to say about it. BUT, ironically, today waaasss a much happier day than yesterday.

Class was the same as usual. Nothing exciting to say about it EXCEPT that today was the first time in 20 years that I’ve been required to be in class ON Thanksgiving day.

After Fam and Gender, Marilena and I headed downtown to a hair salon. Marilena had a hair appointment this afternoon to get highlights… FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HER LIFE! She is prolly one of the only people I know that’s NEVER gotten her hair colored, it’s crazy! She was really nervous and I originally planned on sticking around but there were no waiting chairs soooo after I grabbed her a sandwich from Oil Shoppe (to calm her nerves, of course) I headed back towards home. Her hair, bytheway, turned out really pretty! It has really pretty sun-kissed-light-brown-tints in it! She’s having trouble getting used to it, but I’ve already decided that it looks awesome.

The gym was the same as always. Full of Italian creepers. Ugh. Oh AND, my newest annoyance with the gym: the locker room FULL of naked Italian ladies. I’m sorry but I think it’s really weird when people walk around/lather themselves with lotion completely naked. Liek, 20 of them are in there everyday. All the boys I tell this too get all excited and, liek, think it’s “cool” but seriously… naked, really hairy (and I mean REALLY hairy; girls here don’t shave anything), middle aged, bodies, that have eaten one too many bowls of spaghetti, and should have taken the stairs instead of the escalator, talking about politics and their husbands is really gross… I try to avert my eyes…

When I got home the dinner table was set for nine (god; extra plates meant GUESTS were coming over) and all ready for a big feast… man oh man. The first thing I did after locking myself in our room was pull out a bottle of wine from our wardrobe stash and pop it open. This was def looking like a night where being a little drunk before dinner wouldn’t hurt! Two bottles later, Marilena and I were eating turkey, rice and olive oil, hummus, corn, potatoes, and artichoke hearts with the family. It was a FABULOUS dinner; not quite your typical American Thanksgiving meal BUT it did the job and we were both totally satisfied afterwards.

I finally talked to Pete after dinner.

Marilena and I were PLANNING on going out after dinner but after our feast and our wine we felt a little lazy and instead, curled up in bed to play a few rounds of Solitaire. A few rounds turned into us passing out for the rest of the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home