Tuesday, December 12, 2006

happy 21st pete

Dec 10
After breakfast I got back in my bed and prayed that the pounding in my head would go away. It didn’t all day long. It never does actually, so I’m not too sure why I even tried to fight it. I didn’t feel like doing anything on Sunday. There was talk of horse back riding but I hate horses sooo I turned it down. All I wanted to do was curl up in my bed and piece together the night before.

Eventually I managed to pull myself together and after buying myself a little present (a new sweatshirt from Balmers and a Toblerone) I headed downtown with the ladies and Dave for lunch. It was warming up again and all of the snow started to melt but it felt good to be outside. Chicken fingers and french fries cheered me up a little bit. After lunch we headed back to the hostel and basically sat around and ate Toblerone’s until it was time to leave.

Even though we did basically nothing all weekend long, it was the exact kind of weekend that we all needed. We were in a city with no museums, no monuments, no nothing. All we were really able to do was let our brains rest and enjoy ourselves and the company of new friends that we’ve made while we’ve been in Europe. Actually, I don’t know about everyone else, but I needed this trip and overall I did have a fabulous time.

Our bus ended up leaving around 5ish. There was no drinking on the way back this time – we didn’t even have to talk about it. Everyone was totally alcoholed out. We watched the Bird Cage and Love Actually before we finally got to stop and hop off the bus for food and air and bathroom and stuff. At the truck stop however… our bus broke down. We were at the stop for about an hour because seriously, the bus driver would turn the key and nothing would happen. We all had to unload and hang out while, liek, 8 guys tinkered around and tried to figure out what the heck was wrong.

An hour later though, we were back on the bus and it was working again. I would have killed someone if we would have gotten stuck in Milan. We had a good 4 more hours of driving after that. My head was still pounding and I was totally uncomfortable sitting in my seat. By the time we arrived at Santa Maria Novella, I was a total zombie. Mar, Rachel, her roommate and I shared a cab home and within about 10 minutes after walking through the front door I was curled up and snoring.

What a fabulous “last weekend.” :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home