Tuesday, December 12, 2006

i just want to sleep all day

I made the decision on the bus last night that I was going to skip Italian class this morning. I slept in until 10:45 (THE latest I’ve slept in since, well, about a year ago!). But even with sleeping in I felt disgusting all day long. Drinking on Saturday night mixed with the 8-hour bus ride last night killed me.

I woke up to a phone call from Pete. Man oh man. The way I feel about him is so messed up that I don’t even have the energy to go into it (which will prolly make him happy cuz he hates when I write about him anyways). Compared to the screamfest that I had with him on Saturday night, today’s talk was a good one. Happy but sad at the same time. Meeh.

I’m ready for home. I feel burnt out from school here. Today I felt myself going through the motions: wake up, take a shower, eat Corn Flakes, walk to school, play on the internet, go to Printmaking, eat an apple, work work work, play on the internet some more, walk to the gym, walk home and get in bed in attempt to warm myself up since it’s freezing here, eat dinner with the fam, get back in bed and mess around on the computer.

Well, actually, in printmaking a journal-worthy thing happened today. Our class is so much freaking fun. At first I really didn’t get along with anyone in it; we are all so different it’s, liek, funny to see us all talking and laughing together but somehow we’ve clicked. Wednesday is our final critique and we’ve been begging our teacher to let us bring in a pot-luck type snack day complete with a few bottles of wine and champage. The SUF policy is “no alcohol on campus.” Liek, zero. None. Buuuuutttttt we’ve been begging Kraczyna for weeks and weeks to let us and backed it with “We’ll all be so much more honest and willing to speak during the critique if you let us have a few drinks.”

Well, today he came into class and was like, “I just had a very important conversation with the dean of students…” (we’re all liek, ‘oh crap, this sounds bad’) “…and I convinced her that it’s okay for you all to bring in a few bottles for the critique on Wednesday.” Kraczyna is awesome.

The rest of my day is going to be dedicated to writing about our weekend in Switzerland, working on my Fam and Gender paper, unpacking/packing (!!), and catching up on some much needed sleep. Ciao ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home