Monday, December 18, 2006

shout outs

Dec 19
With only 2 more days left, I’d like to dedicate this entry to a few important individuals that deserve attention for the nice things they’ve done for my during my stay in Firenze:
Thank you…

…mom and dad first and foremost. I can’t even begin to explain how thankful I am for being given the opportunity to be here. You have both made this experience incredible in so many ways. Thank you for little things like calling me all the time, mailing me packages, sending me e-mails about everything and nothing, and commenting on my blogs AND for the big things like visiting me and supporting me financially. I love you both and have missed you more than anyone else.

…Marina for commenting on almost everything that I post online. A lot of times I’d start feeling lonely here, like no one was missing me (or even realizing I was gone at home) then I’d read a note from you and it’d make me smile. Even the one sentence-ers meant so much to me. I put a lot of work into my journal and am glad that I was able to entertain you!

…Steph for keeping in touch with me as if we weren’t in completely different continents. We talked so often that there was never a “how are you?” that had to be asked; we always knew how each other were already, skipped over the small talk, and cut straight to things that were important; it was as if she wasn’t thousands of miles away from me. For that, you are getting, by far, THE coolest present out of anyone I know at home – I’ve been working on it since Day #1.

…Marilena for being the best roommate ever. I don’t think I’ve ever had so much fun living in the same room with anyone else, well, ever. I love that we can spend all day in class together, travel on weekends together, go to the gym together, eat every meal together… and not get sick of each other. Thank you so much for laughing with me, crying with me, studying with me, being drunk with me, traveling with me, eating with me, walking to school with me, shopping with me… the list can go on forever!

…Derek and Grandma for each sending me a letter and post card; so many people promised to send me letters and you two were the only ones that actually followed through! Your cards have been posted on my bulliten board this whole time and I look at them whenever I need a smile.

…Laura and Ben for being the best travel partners ever. Honestly, I would go anywhere with you guys in a heartbeat.

…Kike, Susana, Manuel, and Luca for providing us with the coolest apartment, best food, and numerous things to laugh about. Oh, AND for spending 4 hours in the hospital emergency room with me, holding my hand and telling me everything’s going to be okay. I seriously think that Marilena and I were put with THE best host family of all of them.

You all are the people that made my trip here possible and I can’t say thanks enough for everything.

Also it’s been a pleasure posting my life on the internet everyday for people to see BUT two days from now, that’s it! No more free peaks into the private life of Tera Linsley… you’re all going to actually have to make an EFFORT to hear about how my life is going. Hahaha! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home