Monday, December 18, 2006

Arrivederci Firenze!

Dec 21
I’ve been here long enough to…

…type 154 pages of journal entries (bytheway, after 100 pages Word told me that there were so many spelling and grammar typos that it wasn’t able to continue spellchecking for me!)
…break a bone in my foot and have it heal completely
…officially change the pronunciation of my name
…add another generation to my Alpha Phi family
…get hit on enough by enough boys to satisfy me for the rest of my life
…use Costco-size bottles of shampoo and conditioner
…use a Costco-size box of tampons
…use an entire tube of toothpaste
…use an entire stick of deodorant
…change my Facebook picture 3 times
…use an entire tube of anti-itch cream (to soothe my millions of mosquito bites)
…have my hair grow about 3 inches
…ruin 4 pairs of jeans
…get a really big blister on my thumb from Marilena’s Italian hair straightener
…feel fat then skinny then fat then skinny again
…try a million new things (wine tasting, cigars, mussels, snails, bars, clubs, limoncello, Hooters, crutches, space-cake, whiskey, public transportation)
…make a new screen name
…visit 21 museums
…rotate my wardrobe 20 times
…receive 127 e-mails/facebook messages
…send 111 e-mails/facebook messages
…multiply my amount of luggage by two
…cut my nails 12 times
…meet new favorite friends
…celebrate 3 important holidays
…receive 197 Facebook wall-posts
…miss my niece grow from an infant to a toddler
…get a 3-month membership to a gym
…wear a hole in the toe of one of my shoes
…detox 3 times
…watch my skin color change from dark brown to glowing white
…realize who my good friends at home are
…visit 11 cities in Italy (Firenze, Roma, Pisa, Napoli, Capri, Positano, Amalfi, Lucca, Ravenna, Chianti, and Fiesole)
…travel to 9 different countries (Italy, Germany, Belgium, Ireland, Spain, Hungary, Holland, France, and Switzerland)
…rack up a $500 cell phone bill
…stay in 5 hotels and 7 (scary) hostels
…take 16 flights
…cry 4 times
…be sick 12 times
…drink 67 bottles of wine
…take 1,283 pictures
…use three boxes of pump supplies
…eat a whole bottle of Advil
…miss my favorite restaurant to burning down to the ground
…hear people speaking Italian and know exactly what they’re saying

I think it’s about time to go home. See you all in 20 hours!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dad in MB said...

Tera, thank you so much for your blogs. They have been the most interesting travel stories I have ever read. But, I really think that in the future for yourself and your family, you will always be able to look back on your trip and remember exactly what you did which will bring a smile to your beautiful face.

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello everyone!
I would like to burn a theme at this forum. There is such a nicey, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of ponzy-like structure, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For several years , I earn money with the help of these programs.
I don't have problems with money now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I make 2G daily, and I started with funny 500 bucks.
Right now, I managed to catch a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Visit my blog to get additional info.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home